Welcome to Solstice of Foundations, a summer school on quantum foundations hosted by ETH Zurich and Squid. It provides a solid introduction to current approaches and problems within foundations, and is tailored for junior researchers entering the field, like master’s and PhD students.
- Student support application deadline: 30th of April 2019, AoE (notification: 7th of May).
- Registration deadline: 30th of May 2019, AoE.
- Summer school: 17th-21st of June 2019.
- SwissMap workshop Mathematical Physics meets Quantum Information: 24th-28th June 2019 (invitation only).
Lectures and programme
- Valerio Scarani, University of Singapore – Bell non-locality and applications
- Thomas Galley, Perimeter Institute, Canada – Deriving quantum postulates from principles
- Welcome reception
- Tony Short, University of Bristol, UK – Time in quantum mechanics
- Ralph Silva, ETH Zürich, Switzerland – Pre- and post-selection
- Sandu Popescu, University of Bristol, UK – Paradoxes
- Mirjam Weilenmann, University of Vienna, Austria – Causality I: classical, quantum and post-quantum causality
- V.Vilasini, University of York, UK – Causality II: different methods and applications
- Social activities and school dinner
- Matthew Leifer, Chapman University, US – Interpretations of quantum theory
- Matthew Pusey, University of Oxford, UK – Contextuality
- Markus Müller, University of Vienna, Austria – From observers to physics via information theory
- Paolo Perinotti, University of Pavia, Italy – From cellular automata to relativity